Industry focus on automotive manufacturing
The dynamic changes in the automotive industry mean that the existing IT landscapes of manufacturers and suppliers are confronted with new structural requirements.
Examples of this include:
- Flexible, global partner networks for development, production or sales – for reducing costs or penetrating growth markets such as China
- Market launch of new drive concepts such as electric drives
- Development of new business fields in the area of “mobility” such as car sharing
- Flexible model and module platforms with a building-block orientation
- Digital transformation
These trends have an impact on many different areas of the IT landscape. This frequently results in the need for systematic business IT transformations that consider the relationships between different areas ranging from development to production and after-sales.
Consistent target architecture, a correspondingly comprehensive implementation plan and strict programme and project management are indispensable for this purpose.
Senacor supports the major automotive manufacturers such as Daimler and Volkswagen; it draws on many years of successful project experience.
- Development of a group-wide IT domain model as the basis for comprehensive development plans
- Introduction of service-oriented architectures in the area of vehicle development, incl. the definition of professional and technical target architecture, expansion of governance structures, solution assessment and selection and conception of technical integration infrastructure
- Analysis of approaches to modernisation and definition of a migration plan for globally used old applications in the areas of Purchasing and human resources
- Integration analysis and planning for the roll-out of a global SAP finance template in a foreign subsidiary
- Market analysis and selection of a solution in the area of production resources
- Optimisation of IT processes and IT organization for Demand IT in after-sales
- Professional and technical service design in the area of quality management
- Ongoing development of the company-wide architecture management (processes, methods and governance)
- Ralph Riemann (Partner), send email