The logistics service providers in freight and passenger transport move in a market environment that is driven by IT, requires more and more efficiency and honours new integrative service offers that go beyond pure transport services.
This can be seen in various process and IT areas, including:
- Multi-channel interaction with clients
- Flexible client and partner integration into own processes
- Integrated order processing via multiple service components
- Real-time transport data management
- Flexible network planning and disposition
- Digital transformation
With such integrative business requirements, island solutions in IT do not move you forwards. Instead, it is necessary to design the interplay of existing systems with new solutions. The integration of external IT systems also increases the need for overarching, consistent IT development.
The transparency of the old systems and interfaces, key professional and technical target architectures and an overarching management of implementation projects is indispensable for this purpose.
Senacor supports leading logistics service providers such as Deutsche Post and Deutsche Bahn in these tasks and can draw on many years of successful project experience.
- Planning and management of a comprehensive IT transformation programme for modernisation of the IT landscape for core business administration processes of a leading package service provider
- IT strategy for the production/core logistics systems of a package service provider
- Re-design of the dispositive production systems for a logistics infrastructure service provider
- Re-design of an operative management and optimisation systems for handling terminals
- Development of a B2B integration platform for the connection of logistics partners on the basis of web services
- Conception and launch of an Internet and multi-channel platform for private client interaction
- Re-focus of the IT architecture management function with overarching IT development plan
- Planning and management of an overarching cost-reduction Programme
- Dr. Alexander Scherdin (Partner), send email